- ALL Electronics OFF- 6:55pm
- Dinner - 7:00pm
- Bath/Brush teeth - 7:45pm
- Reading - 8:10pm
- Bed/Lights OFF - 8:45pm
Crazy Town Upside Down: An Alphabet Book
A fun, rhyming, and innovative finger tracing alphabet adventure book!
The Silly Potty Story (for boys)
A very helpful, amusing, and interactive story that will make potty training fun and help motivate your son in a positive way!
The Silly Potty Story (for girls)
A very helpful, amusing, and interactive story that will make potty training fun and help motivate your daughter in a positive way!
August 16, 2014
May 6, 2014
Your job is to help mom search for the most amazing Mother's Day treasures hidden on the island! However, watch out for dangerous spots along the way! Like the gigantic Loch Ness Dog (some say it's a cat...), the sinister Forest of The Dark Closet, the scary Couch Mountains of Doom, and the Haunted Tent Castle... Shiver me timbers! But, if ye and your matey, Captain Mama, overcome all these challenges, an amazing sweet surprise awaits ye at the last destination: The Kitchenland! Aye matey, what're ye waiting for? Welcome aboard the ship!"
Hello folks, this is a silly but fun idea for moms and kiddos to enjoy on Mother's Day. Feel free to use the map (print a copy if you'd like) around your house. Start by going ashore to explore the island (parents' bedroom). There, mom will find her first hidden treasure: balloons. Watch out for the sinister "Dark Closet"! Then, move on to the bathroom. A few or more items will be hidden in that area. It can be anything from a perfume to bath soap, nail polish, or make-up... your choice! If you have a pet, it can be the "Loch Ness Monster"! If not, use your imagination and creativity! Next stop: the children's bedroom. Perhaps a beautiful purse could be hidden there? Then, it's time to go to the living room. Heads up! Must avoid the scary "Couch Mountains of Doom"! After avoiding the dangerous mountains, a gorgeous bouquet of flowers will be waiting! Lastly, the final stop: Kitchenland. However, before heading to where "I Heart U Mom" marks the spot, you must first go through the haunted "Tent Castle" (cover a couple of chairs with sheets or blankets, if you don't want to set up a real tent for the castle). Will you see some ghost pirates? Crawling will be a necessary skill to avoid them... just go with it! After courageously overcoming the chilling castle, you finally arrive at the Kitchenland! Wow! You made it! You helped Captain Mama have the best Mother's Day Quest ever!!! How about a delicious, yummy cupcake to celebrate this victory? Don't forget to give her a thoughtful and inspiring card, a BIG hug, and of course... don't forget to tell mom the three most important words she ALWAYS loves to hear: I LOVE YOU! :D
Happy Mother's Day!
April 23, 2014
INGREDIENTS (*for 2 servings):
- 4 slices of white bread
- 4 tbsp Jif Caramel Hazelnut Spread
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp butter (room temperature)
- 6 medium strawberries (washed and without stems)
- powdered sugar (about 2 tbsp)
- In a 10-inch skillet, add butter and heat at medium heat.
- Spread 1 tbsp of caramel hazelnut spread on one slice of bread and then cover with another slice of bread. Repeat the steps with the other 2 slices of bread. Set both sandwiches aside.
- In a bowl, add the egg, milk, and cinnamon. Beat the mixture in the bowl with a whisk or fork until they're well blended.
- Take the sandwiches and dip them in the bowl of egg, milk, and cinnamon. Turn the sandwiches and dip the other side. Slowly place sandwiches in the skillet with the melted butter. Fry them for about 3-4 minutes or until golden. Using tongs or spatula, carefully turn sandwiches over and fry the other side for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Remove sandwiches and place them on a plate.
- Pour powdered sugar into a strainer and gently tap the side of the rim to dust each sandwich with powdered sugar.
- Add 2 tbsp of caramel hazelnut spread in a microwave safe bowl and heat it for about 40 seconds.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the warm caramel hazelnut sauce on top of the sandwiches.
- Slice the strawberries in half and place them either on top or next to the sandwiches (3 whole strawberries per sandwich). * I know half of a strawberry is missing from this picture... I ate it...
- Serve them immediately. Enjoy!
March 20, 2014
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cups of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 oz Hershey's bar chocolate milk
- 1 can of table cream (creme media)
- Leave both the butter and eggs out of the refrigerator (in room temperature) for at least 30 minutes
- Butter a 9 inch round teflon baking pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter and heat it in the microwave for 40 seconds
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir it until smooth
- In a bowl, add the sugar, chocolate powder, and the mixture of chocolate and butter
- Use the mixer at low speed and stir it until blended
- In this bowl, add the eggs and the egg yolk slowly and continue mixing at low speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium high
- Increase the speed to high and keep mixing until all ingredients are well mixed
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes
- With a knife, separate the edges of the cake from the baking pan
- Place a serving plate on top of the cake and flip the baking pan
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces (rectangles) and place them in a bowl
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it for 40 seconds
- Remove bowl, stir, and place in the microwave for an additional 40 seconds
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir the chocolate until smooth
- Add the table cream (remove the liquid that comes inside the can) and stir it until well blended
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let it fall on the edges of the cake (to create the "meltdown" effect)
- Smooth the top with a spatula
- Serve with some strawberries if you'd like.
February 14, 2014
YOU NEED (for 1 Monster Necklace):
- 1 1/2 inch pom-pom (any color you want)
- 2 wiggly eyes (any color you want)
- 5 1/2 inch chenille stem-any color you want (for the ears/antennae)
- 2 1/2 inch chenille stem-same color as the antennae (to make the small ring)
- 20 inch neon necklace with connector (to close the necklace)
- 40 beads (assorted colors) I like to use the *Perler Beads
- 5 1/2 by 4 inch card (any color you want)
- Take the 2 1/2 inch chenille stem and make a small ring.
- Take the neon necklace, make a loop around the ring and tie a knot (see picture).
- Glue the ring with the necklace on the back of the pom-pom. I like to use *Glue Dots Adhesives (*1 inch Glue Lines).
- Take the 5 1/2 inch chenille stem and fold it in half (see picture). Bend the two edges in the shape of small ears/circles (or antennas).
- Glue the chenille stem on the front of the pom-pom. I again use the *1 inch Glue Lines.
- Glue the 2 wiggly eyes on the top of the chenille stem (see picture). I use the *Glue Dots 3/16 inch Mini, or you can buy the peel-&-stick wiggly eyes.
- Insert the 40 beads in the necklace (20 for each side). After adding the beads, tie a knot to keep the beads in place (see picture).
- Insert the connector inside the neon necklace.
- Use a hole punch to punch two holes on the top of the card (about 1 inch from the edge or 3 inches apart).
- Attach the necklace to the card (see picture).
- Write "Be my Monster!" or any other lovely personal message you and your kiddos want!
- Have fun!
February 10, 2014
Step 3: Introduce my 4 lovely guests for next week's Blog Hop.
Here we are.. I'm proud to introduce you to...
February 2, 2014
- 1 individual size "ready to bake" pizza dough
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 can of undrained whole peeled tomatoes (should create enough sauce for 4+ small pizzas; you will only need approximately 4 tbsp for each)
- 4 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 thin slices of ham
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 5 round slices of yellow onion
- 14 half slices of kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Brush olive oil on the top of the pizza dough
- *TOMATO SAUCE: Pour the entire contents of the can of undrained peeled tomatoes into a bowl and squeeze them with your fingers leaving some thick, irregular chunks of tomatoes to make the sauce more robust. Spread approximately 4 tbsp of this sauce onto the pizza dough, making sure to add some of the tomato pieces
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce
- Top with the 2 slices of ham, onions, egg slices, and olives
- *OREGANO: Pour the oregano into your cupped hand and then rub the oregano using both hands over the pizza, making sure to sprinkle the oregano on all the toppings. By rubbing the oregano in your hands, you enhance its flavor.
- Place the pizza directly on the rack into the oven and bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 1-2 minutes before eating.
January 31, 2014
The public know that our bodies are affected differently by several food products, especially with preservatives and colors. Some of the common effects might include caffeine that is known as energy booster; red wines and aged cheeses triggering headaches; or high fat or even acidic foods that cause heartburns. But what is worse about this scenario in which most people don’t know is how these preservatives, artificial food colors and flavors affect our growing children. It is also a reason why organic superfoods advised to be part of our children’s diet. These superfoods can actually preserve a healthy lifestyle.
January 27, 2014
January 21, 2014
- FISH Preferably fresh, contains a large amount of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce the amount of plaque that builds up inside the walls of your arteries. Plaque comes from bad cholesterol that sticks to your arteries. Both the FDA and the American Heart Association recommend eating fresh fish at least twice a week.
- NUTS (mainly almonds and walnuts) - Nuts have flavonoids, an antioxidant that raises the levels of your good cholesterol. They also have a large amount of Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E (antioxidant), fiber, *folate, and magnesium. Moderation is the key: It's recommended only a handful of nuts every day. Blue Diamond brand has tasty dark chocolate covered almonds. Dark chocolate also has antioxidants. *Benefits of folate: (a) support red blood cell production and help prevent anemia, (b) allow nerves to function properly, and (c) help prevent osteoporosis.
- BEANS (any kind) - They're full of protein, fiber, iron, calcium, and potassium. They also don't contain any cholesterol. Among the health benefits of beans are (a) lower cholesterol levels, (b) lower blood pressure, (c) reduce risk of many cancers, (d) regulate functions of the colon.
- TOMATOES They have lycopene, a vital anti-oxidant that helps in the fight against cancerous cell formation. *Note: Research studies show that by cooking the tomatoes, we can actually increase the lycopene levels; however, Vitamin C content decreases when compared to uncooked tomatoes.
- BLUEBERRIES (raw) - Ranked in the U.S. diet as having one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits and vegetables. Some of the health benefits of blueberries are (a) reduce bad cholesterol, (b) help control blood sugar levels, and (c) improve brain health. A low calorie food (about 84 calories in 1 cup), it's recommended 1 to 2 cups of blueberries per day.
January 14, 2014
- 1 Gala apple (peeled)
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of raw sugar
- 1 ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 16 RITZ crackers
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese (cut each slice into 4 squares for a total of 16 small squares)
- Cut the peeled apple in cubes and put it in a pot. Add the sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and sauteed until soft and golden (medium heat for about 10 minutes-keep stirring).
- Heat oven to 350F
- Place crackers in single layer on baking sheet and top with cheese and about 2-3 small apple cubes.
- Bake for 4 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 1 minute before serving.
- Have fun! :D