Serves about 4 people (allowing for seconds) - Total time to prepare and cook: About 30 minutes
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 green pepper (chopped)
14.5 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
2 tbs canola oil
1 1/2 tsp meat seasoning (I like Chef Paul Prudhomme's Meat Magic)
1 pinch of salt
4-6 french rolls
- Warm the canola oil in a large skillet at medium heat for a few minutes (2-3 minutes). Add meat and sprinkle the salt and seasoning on top. Add the green pepper and cook the meat with the pepper until meat is brown and pepper is tender. Drain the fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, stir, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350F and place french rolls inside the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the "Momwich" into the french rolls.
- Enjoy it!
- Easy prep and easy cleaning too! We all love that!